Social Affairs Committee – Job description
Two sub-committees specialized to oversee two major projects:
1) The worldwide campaign to equip Ain Ebel hospital in Lebanon as per the recommendations of the World Council meeting held in Victoria , Canada.
2) The worldwide campaign to acquire the Lebanese citizenship to children of Lebanese nationals and registration of marriages.
It is recommended to select a team of professionals in all geographical regions to assist in such sub-committes, after consulting with local WLCU officials for approval.
Among other projects, the following guidelines are recommended:
– To create social and professional entities that enjoy their own identity under the umbrella of our Organization. Groups such as medical, dental, business, law, media, engineering, sports etc…could be organized.
– To sponsor seminars and trips to Lebanon that could result to mutual benefits for these entities and the Lebanese civil society.
– Sports events in Lebanon or abroad could be organized (Arzyad). Representing the WLCU in events sponsored by others is also encouraged.
– To start a membership drive that would encourage descendants of Lebanese origin to join our Union. The plan may include the movie documentary in six languages to be distributed around the world demonstrating the reason behind the existence of the WLCU, its history, its achievements and the benefits that it provides Lebanon and its people around the world. This project could be coordinated with the Culture & Heritage Committee.
– To ensure all Geographical Regions are celebrating a unified Lebanese National day such as Lebanon Independence day.
All activities must be approved by the President and coordinated with the Secretariat General.