Patricia Philippe Arab and Lena Metlege Diab
Two Canadians of Lebanese origins won seats in the parliament of the Nova Scotia province in Canada, reported the National News Agency on Monday.
Lina Mitlij and Patricia Philippe Arab won the seats in the elections that took place last week.
NNA said that it was first time that any Lebanese expatriate wins a seat in such elections.
Mitlij and Arab hail from the Bsharre town of al-Diman and they are in constant contact with Lebanon.
They dedicated their victory to Lebanon, stressing their loyalty to their second home Canada.
They also emphasized that they seek to serve Canadian society and bolster Lebanese-Canadian ties.
Patricia Philippe Arab
was first elected to the Nova Scotia House of Assembly as MLA for Fairview-Clayton Park in 2013She is a former high school teacher/counsellor in the South Shore Regional School Board.
Honourable Lena Metlege Diab
The Honourable Lena Diab was first elected to the Nova Scotia House of Assembly as MLA for Halifax Armdale in 2013.
She is a lawyer and a small business owner.
- Attorney General and Minister of Justice
- Provincial Secretary
- Minister of Immigration
- Minister responsible for the Elections Act
- Minister responsible for the Human Rights Act
- Minister responsible for the Regulations Act
- Minister responsible for Part II of the Workers’ Compensation Act
- Minister responsible for the Retail Business Uniform Closing Day Act
- Minister responsible for the Nova Scotia Police Complaints Commissioner
- Minister responsible for the Nova Scotia Police Review Board