WLCU BC COUNCIL
Sunday June 12th, 2016 @ 1:30pm
Delta Town & Country Inn
Victoria: Mr. Georges Murr, Mr. Jean Hage, Mr. Murr Murr, Mr, Jean Lattouf,
Vancouver: Dr. Nick kahwaji, Mrs. Carla Zarifeh, Mr. Nicolas Haddad, Mr. Nicolas Zammar, Dr Fadi Tarazi, Mr. Raymond Younan
Youth: Ms. Melanie Kahwaji, Mr. Ali Mohaidly, Rita Hage.
1. Opening remarks by President Dr Nick Kahwaji.
2. Approve minutes from annual meeting held on April 12th, 2015
3. Treasurer’s report
4. Overview of last year’s activities in Vancouver (Carla Zarifeh)
- Installation of two commemorative benches at Queen Elizabeth Park on June 7th, 2015 (Joint venture between Vancouver and Victoria Chapters)
- Visit of Mr Gebran Bassil, the Lebanese Minister of Foreign Affairs, to Vancouver on June 9th, 2015
- Celebration of the International Day of the Lebanese Emigrant held on March 5th at Queen Elizabeth Park & March 6th, 2016 at SFU.
- The untold stories of the 125 Lebanese who dies onboard the Titanic by Dr. Josyanne Abissab held at the Vancouver Public Library on April 17th, 2015
- Titanic Exhibition in Beirut during the LDE 2016 (Dr Nick Kahwaji)
- Update on the Migrant statue in Victoria; BC Council visit to the City of Victoria
(Mr. Georges Murr)
6. Scholarship Review (Dr. Fadi Tarazi)
- Scholarship criteria and fundraising
- Choosing date for an annual event or combine with New Year’s party
- Regulating committee (Names)
7. Youth Group:
- Ghadi Movie screening on Saturday February 6th, 2016 (Melanie Kahwaji)
- New Youth Structure
- New Mission Statement
- New Officers
- New BC Council Secretary
- New BC Council VP.
9. AGM 2017 date?
10. Upcoming projects:
- -Revive Ain Ebel Hospital project with UNDP (Mr. John Badr and Dr. Nick during LDE meeting in Beirut)
- -Opening of the Titanic permanent Exhibition at the Museum of Emigration in NDU Beirut.
- -Lebanese Canadian Diaspora house in the Emigrant village in Batroun.
11. Relationship with regional and world body and the needed Reform:
(By Mr.Georges Murr, Mr.John Badr, Dr. Nick Kahwaji)
12. Meeting adjourned