I hope you are enjoying the Christmas holiday ,and you already received what you need from the previous Secretaries ,including an email list that you may need to update , and In order to prepare ourselves for the big start in Jan 2010 , I am sending you my first email with :
1) Logo Attached , please advise all chapters to use it , also make sure to replace the old logo in your websites.
1.A) Please use a similar signature like mine at the end of your e-mail , for Latin America and Brazil or French countries ,please add below the “World Lebanese Cultural Union” ,the name in the language of your area , or use your respective language for the whole text , ,but keep the “World Lebanese Cultural Union” .
1.B) Any one of our Team could propose a new form of business card ,to be used by all WLCU Leaders ,as you know , all organizations or universities uses one design of Business card ,but not us ,we should come up with one design and propose it in the near future.
1.C)Attached a personal letterhead as an example for you to follow ( change info accordingly) and use as you see fit .
1.D) we should come up with one design of a WLCU Pin.( and propose it later).
2) Applications (for chapters and individuals) are attached please check it out , see if you like to add more questions to every form ,than change respectively the letter head to match your geographical region( translate the content) and send it back to me .
2.A) We should come out with a new application form for affiliated chapters(clubs or organizations that already exist ) who are willing to join us.(check article 7.a of the Internal regulations).
3) An Affidavit to be sign by the elected president of the chapter sending and application (we should come up with a certain form ,please check the affidavit required in Canada ,and propose something similar)
4) Check part7 ,article 35 ,there is 8 committees that needs to be reviewed, and revisited ( I will send you a proposal in the near future)
5) please send any suggestions ,and offer any help you could .
I trust you to read and understand the Basic Constitutional Law and the internal regulations , if you need any clarifications please contact me, or our Legal advisor Eng . Anise Garabet ,it is our responsibilities to tell our members and leaders that we are not going to run our affaires the same way conducted in Lebanon , but as we are affiliated with the DPI-UN and we have a vision ,and vision is Future ,and as we are working toward a common Goal , we believe that our organization will reinvent itself.
Finally ,I will always ask you to not hesitate in the future to enforce our own bylaws on ourselves and on our members …
last suggestions :
Let choose a theme for every month , where we could discuss-via email- a subject related to the WLCU daily affaires, we could share news and views with our regional leaders and their members , we could instruct ourselves and instruct others ,I would like to propose the first three subjects and monitor the discussions :
for Jan 2010 the theme is about : Bylaws and NGO
for Feb 2010 the theme is about : El-emigrante project and cultural activities
for March 2010 the theme is about : Relations with the Lebanese republic.
I will send you all info that I have related to these subjects to be discussed between us -Secretariat general’s Team – and you could share it with your regions, and inform all our members .
Dr Nick Kahwaji (WSG )
First email from the WSG, Dr Nick kahwaji to Secretariat general team (28/12/2009)